Florence Downtown Development Corp. in partnership with the City of Florence look to work with prospective businesses to identify and package appropriate incentives to assist with development of vacant property and business expansion. Programs vary by building, downtown overlay district, and level of developer investment. Florence Downtown Development Corp. also offers a microenterprise loan program (MELP) for qualifying small businesses.
On this page is a list of local incentives that may be available and state tax credit programs for qualifying properties. Please reference the complete incentive packet for additional details.
Please note: The Downtown Florence Grant Programs are all reimbursement grants, and application must be made prior to any work beginning in downtown buildings. Some grant programs have specific deadlines associated with them and some are competitive. Please contact the Downtown Development Office for details at 843-678-5912.
- City of Florence Redevelopment Grant
- City of Florence Irby Street Corridor Improvement Grant
- City of Florence Façade Grant
- City of Florence Design Grant
- City of Florence Sign Grant
- Conditional Grant Agreements
- Utility Incentives (H-1 Only)
- Business License Credit (H-1 Only)
- FDDC MELP Loan Program
State and Federal Incentives
- State Historic Preservation Tax Credit
- Federal Historic Preservation Tax Credit
State Abandoned Building Tax Credit