Downtown Florence, SC is the region’s premier center for business. It has the highest concentration of medical, financial, legal, and professional businesses in the Pee Dee Region. Downtown’s central location and convenience to both I-20 and I-95 makes it easy to connect to multiple markets. There’s also plenty of parking (2,885 spaces) between the free City of Florence and Florence County parking garages and available surface lots within walking distance of shopping, dining, and professional offices. The City of Florence plans to add an additional parking deck with 320 spaces in 2023.
Downtown Florence provides a supportive environment for start-ups, emerging entrepreneurs, and seasoned business professionals. Downtown Florence’s assets include a vibrant cultural arts scene, signature events that draw significant foot traffic throughout the year, and a robust collection of dining options and unique shops.
Florence Downtown Development Corp. and the Development Office staff are here to assist you in fulfilling your request for information in a professional and timely manner. Our offices offer one-stop business assistance including business plan review, data collection, marketing, program implementation, incentive assistance, and connection to the City of Florence for permitting.
Downtown Data and Reports
Downtown Florence Quick Facts
- $300+ million in Public and Private Investment since 2010
- 1.2 million visitors in 2021
- Approximately 15,000 Downtown Daytime Workers
- $2.6 billion in Spending Power in a 10 Mile Radius
- 74,000+ Annual Event Attendees
- Free Downtown Shuttle Service via PDRTA
Downtown Living Data
- Cost of Living Index of 82.9 (National average is 100)
- over 100 Downtown Market Rate Apartment Units
- 14 Restaurants